Friday 9 August 2013

Starting at the very beginning...............

One wonders at the wisdom of starting a new blog and stripping right back to the beginning but I fancied a change.  I also wanted a new name and a new look to go with it and I thought well if anyone wants to follow me on a new journey they may well just come along over to the new place too.
This year has seen massive changes in my life.
Change on the whole is good - I embrace it and feel empowered by it but only if I decide on change if you know what I mean. Having change forced upon you can be scary.
For the 3 years prior to April I was part of a business partnership. On the whole it was a happy partnership with a long standing friend. I was totally committed to it despite family and job commitments - I gave it my all. When the cracks began to appear I tried to soldier on - put my head down and worked that bit harder but there does come a time when enough is enough and when cracks get wider the inevitable happens and someone falls - or jumps as in my case.
Leaving something I had worked hard for was very hard - but for my sanity and for my family I had to do it.
Leaving the friendship was harder still,entangled with hurt its taken 3 months to turn myself around - to feel positive, trust my own instincts and decide the new path.  Starting again is part of my wider plan leaving the old behind and striding on with the new.
I have had the support of all my family and many many crafty friends as I went through the grieving for what had to be - their love, support and friendship upheld me whilst I healed and have given me strength whilst a plan began to form. The odd kick up the backside has also been a necessary part of moving on so thanks to the few that did that too!
I am blessed, I feel strong and there is no better time to grow than right now.

Today I was given this book by a very dear friend.
I wonder if she knew how many times the last few days my finger had hovered over the start a new blog button.  It felt like an omen.
I plan to read and digest it and build my future blog around the ideas it gives me.
Little by little I will add to this space until it feels like home.
I hope to share my creativity, my hopes and dreams, my highs and lows, there will be Christmas when I feel like it (which be warned my be January), possibly mindless drival as I blog late at night but I hope to begin again with strength, new ideas and a new sense of purpose.

Finally I will explain the name - My Cluttered Corner -
Quite simply each corner of my home is cluttered - we are a family of collectors.
My hubby collects music and clarinets and saxaphones - I kid you not !
My eldest son collects books - you know the library from My fair Lady ? I think we could fill it !
My middle son has moved out and taken his collection of guitars, amps, pedals and music with him.
My daughter is an artist so collects rt materials currently cluttering the dining room.
And me well - I am a stamp collector of course - not the postage kind but the ink and rubber kind. My tiny craft room is bursting at the seams and I love each little piece in it. 
Soon I will show you my new header - a picture that faces me each day I craft - my cluttered shelves.
that my friends is why I chose the name.
Hope to be back soon with some crafting.
If you think you would like to follow me I would love you to join me on this new and exciting chapter of my life post 46 years years !
Until next time
Happy Crafting x
Janet

3 comments:

  1. Your cluttered corner is already lovely. Good luck with this lovely Janet, I'll be following..... :)

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right, I am going to join!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janet - I only "found" you a few days ago (via FaceBook), even though I live in West Yorkshire! I started following your "other" blog, but have now signed up here too.
    I love your Phoenix-like story, although it is tinged with a little sadness. It takes courage to move on when you have been hurt, but it's the right thing to do.
    Wishing you all the best - Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, thanks for stopping by, Thrilled you have decided to leave a comment - i will endeavour to reply to each and every one.